Sunday, 22 January 2012

Bear-Man & Twinkle / Another Update


Meet Bear-Man & Twinkle, the stars of a new mini-comic written by Martin Eden and drawn by yours truly, that will be coming free with issue six of Martin’s excellent comic, Spandex (which should be out before the end of February).  Bear-Man & Twinkle is one of three comics I have drawn recently / am currently working on that have been written by other writers, the other two being Too Much Sex & Violence and Department of the Peculiar, both written by Rol Hirst.  I have drawn three (nasty) pages for Too Much Sex & Violence #2, which should be out very soon (it’s at the printers right now), and am currently drawing two pages for #3, but Department of the Peculiar is 48 pages in total (two 24 page comics), and so far I have only drawn seven pages.  As well as these projects, I am on the verge of committing myself to writing and drawing about six pages for another comic, and I have also decided that, once all this stuff is out the way, I am finally going to start drawing a graphic novel idea that I have been thinking about doing for years, but have never quite managed to get going with.  Tentatively titled ‘The Embarrassing Body’, I am going to try and write at least the first part of this story while drawing all this other stuff, and as soon as all my current drawing commitments are done with, I will begin drawing it.

The upshot of all this is that I have decided to knock my weekly strip on the head for now, so that I can focus on other things.  I was only ever going to produce 52 weekly strips anyway, before moving on to a longer project, so I made it about two-thirds of the way there and I at least have enough material to put together another issue of Crisp Biscuit Comics now.  I will still be putting new strips (and sketches and preview pages) on this blog from time to time, it just won’t be (nearly) every week, and once I start working on ‘The Embarrassing Body’, I will probably serialise that online, too, so please do check in from time to time.  


No comments:

Post a Comment